The Centre facilitates the Queensland Government Approved Program for Kindergarten and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) principles. These two programs fortifies practices within the Centre to enhance children’s learning through ……
- Holistic approaches – incorporate all areas of development and spiritual wellbeing.
- Responsiveness to children – respond to and plan for the individual child’s unique identity.
- Learning through play – planning and implementing a play-based, hands-on, creative, imaginative, fun and stimulating curriculum.
- Intentional teaching – decisive teaching that is focused on purposeful experiences and interactions.
- Learning environments – providing an inviting, energetic, creative and flexible environment that utilises indoor and outdoor activities.
- Cultural competence - learning about, respecting, celebrating and sharing cultural diversity for all.
- Continuity of learning and transitions – building partnerships with families and the community enables children to have continuity across their care settings.
- Assessing for learning – each child’s learning is documented in an ongoing cycle of documenting, planning and evaluation of children’s learning and the learning environment.
A fully supervised developmental programme is provided for each age group. We embrace multiculturalism.
Fully supervised developmental programmes are provided for each age group, with kindergarten and pre-prep/pre-school programmes for children in those age groups.
Qualified staff are individually selected for each position at the Centre from a range of qualified and experienced candidates. Parents are welcome at any time to visit the Centre or spend time with their children and have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities should they wish to do so.